Opening your third eye can lead to amazing experiences. The awakening can teach you about this world as well as the spirit world, but many people fear that opening the third eye will leave them vulnerable to evil and bad experiences. Learning about the human third eye and how to deal with the experience will help you avoid negativity.
What is Your Third Eye?
One of the most powerful centers of energy in humans, you'll find the third eye in the middle of your forehead. Once it's awakened, it acts like a gate into a place that lets you see beyond time and space. Scientifically, the third eye is at the pineal gland, a gland in your brain that many believe is important in sparking psychic abilities. Many also consider the third eye as the most powerful place of ethereal energy.
Third Eye Meaning
The third eye also known in Sanskrit as the Ajna chakra is one of the energy centers of the human chakra system. Some believe it is the psychic center, while others believe it is the center that interprets the energetic messages gathered in our second psychic center located in the solar plexus. The third eye helps us understand and make sense of what we experience intuitively through out gut. You know that feeling you get in your stomach when something does not feel right? Well our third eye allows us to make sense of the information we gather through our senses and in many cases our gut.
What Happens When You Open Your Third Eye?
When you experience a third eye awakening you raise your frequency to move to a higher consciousness. Many spiritual experiences, such as visualization, meditation, Reiki, and yoga will lead to your third eye opening. This lets you see beyond physical sight. At this point, you'll notice an increase in messages through dreams as well as psychic talents. At the start, you'll probably only use your third eye when you close your physical eyes. When you go on with practice, however, you'll learn to focus attention and receive messages by opening your third eye with your eyes open.
Third Eye Opening Side Effects
There are pro’s and con’s in activating the energy within the Third eye, pretty much like any other energy center. Overactive or underdeveloped energy centers create imbalances, which can cause havoc in the entire chakra system if not balanced properly. To help you understand some of the side effects of opening your third eye here is a brief list:
Disadvantages of Opening Your Third Eye
Like any activity you undertake, opening your third eye comes with certain risks. The danger of opening your third eye generally is falling into delusion. Once your third eye is open, it's a natural sense that your mind will use. You must then make the choice to train yourself with awareness to balance what you see.
Signs of an Overactive Third Eye Chakra
The idea of opening the third eye is appealing on many levels, because of the various benefits. However, an overactive third eye can create a ton of problems that may be difficult to recognize at first. To help you recognize the potential symptoms of an overactive third eye, we have provide a list to review:
How to Lessen the Dangers of Opening Your Third Eye
The key to avoiding negative experiences is finding a spiritual guide. You need to ground yourself and to find a teacher that will help you understand your experience. Don't rush into the experience. Instead, take everything slowly, letting yourself go with the flow of your third eye awakening.
Awakening your third eye can lead to wonderful experiences and a deepened spiritual understanding of the world. Take it slow and work with a teacher to avoid potential risks.
How to Balance the Third Eye Chakra
Maintaining balance is essential not just for the third eye chakra, but the entire chakra system. Believe it or not, it does not take a lot to balance the third eye chakra. There are a variety of wonderful techniques that can restore the balance within the third eye chakra quite effectively. Finding a technique that works is often a matter of personal preference. Some of the tools that restore balance within the third eye chakra include:
1. Colors: are useful in creating overall balance.2. Crystals: different types of crystals will help release energy blockages as well as balance the energy levels.3. Fragrances: in the form of oils, incenses, flowers, herbs can restore depleted energy levels and improve flow.4. Yoga exercises: In general yoga improves chi and the flow of energy throughout the body. A daily routine will help maintain balance.5. Meditations: There are a number of chakra meditations that can be used to create healing, balance and increase the flow6. Sounds: Vibrations created by musical instruments are ideal for creating a sense of harmony that allows the entire chakra system to work in harmony.
A regular routine can include a combination of the tools mentioned, or simply the use of one favorite item. The beauty of working with energy, is that it responses fairly quickly to any element utilized, therefore there is no need for elaborate or expensive tools. The main key is using a system that works for your lifestyle.
The Benefits of Opening Your Third Eye
If you use it wisely, though, awakening your third eye offers many benefits. You'll experience increased intuition, have a better direction to your life, and understand the purpose of your life and soul. You'll have more psychic awareness and can have different gifts brought to you through your third eye. You'll learn if you're a healer, teacher, medium, clairsentient, clairaudient, clairvoyant, or many other talents.
How to Open Your Third Eye Safely
Whenever you engage in opening your third eye, it is vital that you proceed with caution and awareness. Keep in mind just because you hear about the benefits of a technique, it does not mean that you should experiment immediately. However, you can do wonderful work to improve and maintain balance using few tools and techniques to open for the third eye that consist of:
Five Useful Tools for Balancing the Third Eye Chakra
2. Crystals and stones: Every crystal and gemstone has its own healing properties that can balance and energize the different chakra centers. Crystals can be held or placed directly on the different chakra centers or held during meditation or visualization exercised. Crystals and gemstones that work well with the Third eye chakra are: Lapis Lazuli, Purple Fluorite, blue agates, blue aventurine, Sapphire, Sugilite, Sodalite.
3. Aromatherapy: Each fragrance has different chemical combinations that can activate reactions that induce calmness as well as excitement regardless of the form. When it comes to the third eye, fragrances that help induce calmness are scents such as: musk, sandalwood, lavender can be used. While scents like rose germanium, hyacinth or frankincense can activate the center. Fragrances can be used in a variety of forms such as scent candles, body oils, incense, sachets, bath salts, lotions and even herbal teas. Of course, if you are allergy to strong scents, herbal teas can work just as well
4. Visualization: You can use visualization techniques to gradually open the centers one at a time slowly and safely. Through guided visualizations you can include specific instructions to help develop desired results.
5. Meditation: There are a ton of meditation techniques that are useful in clearing blockages as well as awakening the energy centers. The range of meditations methods will vary from length of time and style. You can do breathing exercises to calm as well as to activate the centers, or you can do guided meditations that simply help induce a state of peace. Below is a simple meditation you can practice to gently open the third eye chakra.
Rose Bud Third Eye Meditation
Before you start any meditation, make sure you have a quiet place that you can relax without being disturbed.
1. Turn off your cell phone and sit in a comfortable chair. Slowly close your eyes and let go of all unnecessary thoughts or concerns for now. As you sit quietly, image a bright white light shining above your head. Envision the light, slowly covering your body, beginning with your head and working its way down your body slowly. Let the light travel from your head down to your feet.
2. Let the light travel down your body, you become very relax and very comfortable. Become aware of your body, and this time focus on the middle of your forehead. Imagine the light coming through your forehead like a flashlight. As the light shines, imagine you can see your third eye opening slowly.
3. As the light beams ahead, you begin to notice a table. On that table is a vase with a red rose. The rose bud is closed. However, as the light shines through your forehead, the bud begins to open slowly. As the bud opens more, your eyesight in third eye becomes sharper, allowing you to notice all types of details. As the flower fully blooms, your vision becomes sharper, allowing you to see the flower and beyond.
4. Permit your eye to look around and visually explore without judgment or hesitation. Take a moment to view things and recall as many details as possible. When you feel satisfied, allow the images to fade.
5. Slowly bring the light back into your third eye and reduce the size of the flashlight beam. Once more imagine the light going back to your feet and then back you again to its original starting point at the head. Gently release the light and begin to get ready to open up your eyes slowly on the count of three: one two and three...
Share This Page
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to leave a comment. click here to login